Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I had the BEST Monday EVER!!!

I’m typically not a big fan of Mondays, however, yesterday was pretty awesome. I have been sick for a while with a kidney infection and yesterday was the first day I actually felt a little better and didn’t have a fever. Of course, I worked through the whole illness because I just started the new job, so I really didn’t want to call out sick so soon, which basically prolonged the illness. Then, yesterday afternoon I get a text msg. from my friend Natty that she was coming to visit and she would be at my house by the time I got home from work. I used to see her almost daily when I lived in PA, but recently I haven’t seen her nearly as much as I’d like. So, it was a nice surprise that she decided to pick up and visit. Shortly after that, Gina sent a text saying she was taking care of dinner and ordered pizzas. Nice! Once I got home, my sister told me that our other friend Melissa was also coming over. So, it turned out to be a great night. Of course, Gracie was entertaining as usual and loved the new audience. Besides that, Natty brought over nail polish and gave Gracie a “tropical” manicure of pink nails with yellow tips!!!

Then to top everything off…I come into work this morning to an email from my BFF Steph who’s in Spain for 3 weeks! I’m so excited for her and it was great to hear from her!!! I can’t wait for her to get back!

I’m going to try to be a better blogger. I really want to be. Sometimes life just gets in the way.

Ciao.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

thanks for the shout-out buddy! It's about 9:45 am here in Barcelona... so I'm sure your sleeping! Anyway, i miss you like crazy & can't wait to see you when I get home. Tell Chrissy, Gina & the kiddos that I said Hi!

Just Me said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, kiddo! Girl time is great, isn't it? :)